Easter is an exciting time of year! We will soon post our blog showcasing our son Brooks' Easter Box for 2021, but in the meantime we'd love to show you some simple yet creative craft ideas to explore this Easter break!
In our opinion, Easter isn't just about the chocolate or egg hunt. It's also about craft! Which is why we've written up this post about making an Easter-themed sensory bin for your toddler.
What is an Easter-themed Sensory Bin?
We love sensory play in our household, which is why we've made Brooks an Easter-themed sensory bin for him to explore!
We believe sensory play is very important for babies/toddlers/children, as it's hands-on play and encourages them to explore their world through their senses. Sensory plan may also assist your child to feel focused and engaged, whilst having a calming effect.
Sensory bins are easy and affordable to make, and you're able to customise them so they're age appropriate. As always, please supervise your child carefully while playing with sensory items, especially with any smaller items that could be a choking hazard.
Easter-themed Sensory Bin Ideas
- Add pom poms inside openable plastic eggs so your toddler can explore what's inside.
- Add baby chenille chickens inside openable plastic eggs so your toddler can explore what's inside.
- Add feathers, spiky balls, and any other textured item that your toddler will love to feel.
- The shredded paper can be used to imitate grass.
- Rainbow rice or colourful noodles are a great way to lay a bright foundation of your sensory bin.
- Grass-covered bunnies have a cool texture that will remind your toddler of outside yard play.
What's in our Easter-themed Sensory Bin?
See our moodboard below!
Coloured Shredded Paper | SHOP HERE
Spoon Scooper | SHOP HERE
2 x Mini Grass Bunnies | SHOP HERE
Mini Chenille Baby Chicks | SHOP HERE
Egg Nest | SHOP HERE
Pom Poms | SHOP HERE
Coloured Feathers | SHOP HERE
Uncooked Plain White Rice | SHOP HERE
We hope you enjoyed our blog post on how to create an Easter-themed sensory bin for toddlers! ♡ Any questions or comments? We'd love to hear from you! Tag us at @thejohannessenfamily so we can re-share your creations or contact us!